Nate Schmold @ 30/30
Vancouver Island, Canada
Press / Business Contact:
Game In Development
Full PC/Mac/Linux Release Date:
March 17 2015
Early Access Release Date:
September 29, 2014
Cosmochoria is a love letter to old-school action / arcade games like Asteroids, Mario Bros. and Sinistar. Cosmochoria is a mesmerizing way to kill hours: hopping between planets, unravelling forgotten mysteries, killing aliens & giant space monsters and planting mysterious seeds to sprout new life across a long-barren galaxy.
You play the role of a tiny pink naked cosmonaut who 'finds himself' in a distant galaxy. While no story is immediately apparent, consecutive games will begin to reveal some of the deeper mysteries surrounding the universe around you.
You are free to roam the galaxy in search of these secrets, or to remain on a single planet, establishing a home base to fight aliens and tend to your galactic garden while building up a high score.Game Features:
- So much Pew Pew Pew High Score arcade action.
- Plant seeds to sprout new plants, new plants give more seeds.
- Grow plants to fill dead planets with your Love Juices.
- Massive UltraNova Explosions Like from Contra III.
- Build Towers like a construction BOSS.
- Procedurally generated galaxy. Each game is unique like a snowflake.
- Aliens poop crystals from their bums before they explode.
- Spend said poop crystals at the upgrade shop to improve your abilities.
- Radical interstellar screen sized boss fights.
- Mini-Map Upgrade plots your cosmic journey.
- Warping around the whole place like U really mean it.
- Fresh electronic soundtrack by Ilkae, Zebra & Mantrakid.
- Hand Crafted Vector illustration stylee.
- Form Deeply Special Bonds with Secret Cartoon Animal Pets.
- Befriend an old hermit alien at his wooden shack.
- Discover hidden artifacts strewn across the galaxy.
- Fire Bullets into a whole bunch of Bad Guy Faces.
- Float NAKEDLY all over Outer Space!!
Are You Press? Request Early Access
If you're looking at this page, chances are I've already passed you a Steam key for the Early Access build of Cosmochoria. That being said feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions or if there is anything I can assist you with.
Past Press Releases
- Sep. 02, 2014 - Cosmochoria Announced for Early Access
- Mar. 29, 2014 - Kickstarter Supports Naked Cosmonaut Battling Crystal-Pooping Aliens to Revive a Barren Universe
- Feb. 26, 2014 - "Cosmochoria" Playable Alpha Preview Released
- Jan. 29, 2014 - "Cosmochoria" Announced for PC & Mac in 2014
Quotes From Awesome People
- Cosmochoria is a sugar shock of sweet arcade fun in a beautifully psychedelic wrapper! Nate Schmold's debut game is a labor of love that deserves a wide and appreciative audience."
- Jason Kapalka, co-founder of PopCap Games (Bejeweled, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies)
- "It's already so much fun to mess around in - and so pretty, too..."
- “The cartoony vibe lends itself well to the laid-back nature of Cosmochoria.”
- “I could drift for days in space, alone, so long as the sequin twirls of distant stars and dreamy synths accompanied me.”
- "As it turns out, it’s every bit as pleasant and shooty as you’d hope."
- "...with colorful imagery and atmospheric background music, [he created] something fresh."
- "There is no part of this game that doesn't sound completely awesome."
- "Pretty sure I'll be sick to my stomach playing this with all that camera spinning, but I can't wait."
- Tragic Magic
There are far more images available for Cosmochoria, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Artwork
Right click and 'Save-As' the images below or click the "Art Pack" link to get a full zip file containing various isolated Cosmochoria assets like enemies, characters, pets, etc. If there is anything specific you would like just email me at [email protected] and I can get you what you need!
Art / Programming
Music / Sound