Vancouver Island, Canada
January 1, 2014
Press / Business Contact:
Game In Development
Cosmochoria is a love letter to old-school action / arcade games like Asteroids, Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong. Maybe some new school games like Spelunky and Super Mario Galaxy also... Cosmochoria is a mesmerizing way to kill hours: hopping between planets, unravelling forgotten mysteries, killing aliens and planting seeds to sprout new life across a long-barren galaxy.
With a cute but fresh art style, Nate Schmold presents "Cosmochoria", an arcade game developed for Mac/PC/Linux. Cosmochoria draws upon the experience of games like Asteroids and Mario Bros, where the goal is to improve your skills and reach a high score. But through the process of exploring the game, you'll learn that there's an even deeper thread of intrigue and growth running throughout.
A mysterious old hermit tells you about the history of the galaxy you find yourself in. It isn't long before you're exploring the furthest corners of the galaxy to unlock the puzzles of what happened to the it in the first place while upgrading your weaponry and abilities to stay alive just a little longer.
- Relaxing single player High Score arcade action.
- Plant seeds to sprout new plants, new plants give more seeds.
- Build pyramid bases to shoot down aliens while you plant.
- Procedurally generated galaxy. Each game is unique.
- Baby-time training mode for those who lack real gumption.
- Aliens drop crystals from their bums when killed.
- Spend your crystals at the upgrade shop to improve your abilities.
- Radical interstellar boss fights.
- Mini-Map Upgrade to plot your journey.
- Fresh electronic soundtrack by Ilkae & Zebra.
- Hand Crafted 1080p vector illustration stylee.
- Befriend an old hermit alien at his wooden shack.
- Discover hidden artifacts strewn across the galaxy.
- Combine the artifacts…
- BE NAKED!/li>
Download the Development Build
Here is the latest version of the development build. Please note that this version is missing features that will be included in the final game, and is for preview purposes only. While I did my very best to ensure it is bug free, there may still be some issues that arise. Please feel free to be in touch with me directly via [email protected] if you have any questions or if there is anything I can assist you with.
Official Teaser Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Cosmochoria, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Cover
Quotes From Awesome People
- Cosmochoria is a sugar shock of sweet arcade fun in a beautifully psychedelic wrapper! Nate Schmold's debut game is a labor of love that deserves a wide and appreciative audience."
- Jason Kapalka, co-founder of PopCap Games (Bejeweled, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies)
- "As it turns out, it’s every bit as pleasant and shooty as you’d hope."
- HardcoreGamer - Feb 12, 2014
- "...with colorful imagery and atmospheric background music, [he created] something fresh."
- IndieGames.com - Feb 10, 2014
- "There is no part of this game that doesn't sound completely awesome."
- HardcoreGamer - Jan 26, 2014
- "Pretty sure I'll be sick to my stomach playing this with all that camera spinning, but I can't wait."
- Tragic Magic
The main info page for Cosmochoria http://cosmochoria.com.
Vote for Cosmochoria on Greenlight! steamcommunity.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Art / Programming
Music / Sound
Music / Sound
Music / Sound